POL‑on comprises 22 modules. Each module collects various data categories. These are described below.
Special roles are assigned to each module that enable users to browse and edit data.
If you want to access a module, please submit a request to the POL‑on administrator at your organisation or ask them to assign the relevant role to your account.
Are you interested only in browsing and do not need permission to edit data in POL‑on? Explore the RAD-on website, which features the POL‑on data that is available to the public.
Higher education institutions and scientific institutes
This module contains basic information on higher education and scientific institutions, such as dates of establishment, types, management, contact data, organisational structures and branches. It also contains information on scientific activity, including:
- descriptions of scientific activity in the functioning of societies and economies
- information on whether organisations conduct confidential research and development projects for the defence and security of the Polish state
- scientific activity disciplines
- scientific discipline categories awarded based on evaluation of scientific activity
- bodies authorised to award scientific degrees.
- Organisation financial data
This module contains information on expenditures on research and development projects, funding sources, financial results, research service revenue and commercialisation revenue.
- Doctoral schools
This module contains names and general information on doctoral schools, such as available disciplines, programmes and numbers of semesters.
- Organisation heads
This module contains information on organisation heads. It is linked to the Staff members module.
- People authorised to sign documents
This module includes:
- data on people who are authorised to sign documents, such as university diplomas, postgraduate certificates, PhD diplomas and habilitation diplomas
- samples of the digital personal stamps, signatures and initials of such individuals
- samples of the documents described above
- samples of the official seals of higher education institutions, institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences, research institutes and international institutes.
Students and studying
This module contains student data, information on semesters, students' ECTS credits and student benefits.
- Degree programmes
This module contains information on degree programmes, including levels of study, profiles and fees.
- Short-cycle higher education
This module contains information on short-cycle higher education delivered by higher education institutions. This category of data is delivered exclusively by nonuniversity higher education institutions.
- The Polish National Repository of Theses
This module contains information on theses defended by students who commenced or continued their programmes of study after 1 October, 2019. The content of these theses is utilised in the Uniform Anti-plagiarism System (JSA).
People of science and scientific careers
- Staff members
This module contains information on academic teachers, other people who conduct academic classes, people who conduct scientific activity and people who participate in scientific activity, including their employment conditions, consent regarding additional employment and declarations of scientific discipline.
This module is linked to the Promotion procedure, Artistic achievements and Dr/Dr hab degreesmodules.
- PhD candidates
This module includes:
- data on PhD candidates who:
- pursue degrees at doctoral schools
- prepare theses as part of extramural programmes
- pursue doctoral studies
- information on doctoral theses and supervisors
- information on the artistic achievements of PhD candidates that is also available in the list of achievements in the Artistic achievements module.
This module is linked to the Promotion procedures module.
- data on PhD candidates who:
- Promotion procedures
This module contains information on promotion procedures concerning the award of:
- scientific degrees of doctor and habilitation that are awarded by higher education and science entities
- scientific titles of professor awarded by the Polish Council for Scientific Excellence.
This module also serves as a repository of documents, including:
- doctoral theses and abstracts in the Polish and English languages; the content of theses are utilised in JSA
- applications to initiate promotion procedures
- applications to award the title of professor
- reviews of doctoral theses.
Scientific and artistic activities
- Scientific projects
This module contains information on scientific projects conducted by or in collaboration with various organisations, including research, development and science promotion projects.
- Patents and rights of protection
This module contains information on patents, rights of protection for utility models and exclusive rights of growers to plant varieties developed by staff members and PhD candidates.
This module can download data from external sources: the Open Patent Service (OPS) and the Polish Patent Office (UPRP). This enables users to link patent or rights creators to staff members or PhD candidates, as well as adding declarations that authorise specific organisations to disclose achievements in evaluations.
- Artistic achievements
This module contains information on the artistic achievements of staff members and PhD candidates. Artistic achievements can also be registered in the Staff members and PhD candidates modules.
This module contains information on investments, including in research and scientific apparatus, and in IT infrastructure.
Administration, reports and declarations
This module contains data on POL-on users and their roles. Administrators use it to create and administer user accounts.
This module enables users to generate and download data files from other OPI systems, including POL-on. Users who have been assigned specific roles in the relevant POL-on modules can access this module.
- Data accuracy declarations
This module contains declarations submitted by heads of organisations in which they confirm that the data they have submitted to POL-on is accurate. Declarations are submitted annually by 31 January (for the previous calendar year).
Reporting and statistics
- Planning and reporting document database
This module contains information on plans, statements, surveys and reports required by the Polish Ministry of Education and Science (MEiN), such as financial statements and business financial plans.
This module enables users to add and submit additional documents that are required by MEiN and other supervising institutions.
- Statistics Poland – reports
The module enables organisations to fulfil their reporting obligations to Statistics Poland. The module can be utilised to submit S-10, S-10-W, S-11, S-12, S-12-W and S-M reports.
Selected phased out modules
- PhD students
Data on PhD students who pursue doctoral programmes according to previously binding legal regulations. Data on PhD students can be edited until the end of 2024, but no new PhD students can be registered.
- Doctoral studies
Data on doctoral studies conducted according to the previous binding legal regulations. This module remains editable until the end of 2024. By that time, PhD candidates who started their programmes before the 2019/2020 academic year will have completed their doctoral studies.
- Dr/Dr hab degrees
Scientific degrees awarded according to the previous binding legal regulations.